We make our kits easy to assemble with these 9 easy steps.
1. Using the parts list you received, lay out all your shutter parts and make sure you have the qty’s listed.
2. Using the provided wooden dowel pins, assemble the top and bottom RAILS to the left STILE. Insert a generous amount of wood glue into each hole before inserting the dowel pins. Press together firmly, and promptly wipe away any excess wood glue with a wet rag.
3. Insert the provided nylon LOUVER PINS into the pre-drilled holes in the end of each LOUVER. Use 2 TENSION PINS on the left side and2 TENSION PINS on the right side spaced apart by at least 3 LOUVERS. Insert the LOUVERS with PINS into the pre-drilled holes on the side STILE starting with the bottom LOUVER first. Make sure all the Louvers are tilted in the same direction. Make sure the notch in all Louvers are all facing the same direction and are in the back to the outside of the panel.
4. Using the provided wooden dowel pins, assemble the top and bottom RAILS to the right STILE. Insert a generous amount of wood glue into each hole before inserting the dowel pins. This is the trickiest step. Start with the STILE tilted away from the panel and insert the lowest dowel pin first, then as you lean the STILE towards the panel insert the remaining lourver and dowel pins one at a time. Press together firmly, and promptly wipe away any excess wood glue with a wet rag. You can use painters tape to hold all the glued joints together while they dry.
Repeat Steps 1-4 for all remaining panels.
WAIT FOR THIS ASSEMBLY TO DRY FOR AT LEAST 1 HOUR. GLUE WILL BE FULLY CURED IN 24 HOURS.
5. Connect TILT ROD into the notch on the back side of each LOUVER using the provided nails. Use caution when hammering.
6. Screw the provided HINGES to the panel using only the top and bottom adjustable holes. Do not put a screw in the center set hole yet. The hinge should be positioned with the pin towards the front of the panel.
7. Assemble the mounting frame. Put a generous amount of wood glue in each hole and after positioning the top and side frame together insert the wooden dowel pin. Promptly wipe away any excess wood glue. Repeat for both sides. Allow glue to dry for at least 1 hour. Full cure will be in 24 hours.
8. Mount frame (without panels) into window opening. Insert mounting screw in each mounting hole from the inside of the frame. Ensure the sides and top frame are level and plumb.
9. Attached the panels to the now mounted frame in the window. The easiest way to do this is to pull the pin out of the hinges and mount the 1/2 hinge into the window frame using the 2 outside adjustable hinge holes. Then hang the panel. Loosen the hinge screws to make slight adjustment to each panel. When you have the panels exactly where you want them insert the center set screw into each hinge.
Don't miss out. Get 5% off NOW!
Sign up now to get professional quality hardwood shutters at a fraction of the price.
Hurray! We have sent you an email with your Coupon Code!!
You're one click away from your beautiful new shutter!